mtbr member
    May 2007

Hope rotors with other brake systems

Was wondering if you guys have had any experience with Hope rotors? I want to get some of the Hope sawblade rotors with the colored alloy center for a little bling and coolness factor. I generally like to run mid size rotors (ie 185mm) Theirs comes in 183mm... Which brake systems do you think these would work with? Any advice with these would be greatly appreciated!

...idios...
    Which brakeset do you want to use them with?

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK
    Which brakeset do you want to use them with?
    Currently I have Shimano Deore LX brakes, but don't know for how long...
    I am looking at a really nice pair of hydro brakes but do not know what kind yet. Looking at Maguras, Avid Elixirs, maybe Hopes. It is hard to choose and no particular brake system has perfect ratings/reviews.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Shutterbug, I'm using hope sawtooth floating rotors on an '08 Stumpy S Works with magura marta sl's 180/160 F/R with no probs although I'm now considering upgrading to new Hope Tech M4's for a little more power, may upgrade sizes to 203/183 while doing it. But in my experience you can use Magura Martas with Hope rotors.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug67
    Was wondering if you guys have had any experience with Hope rotors? I want to get some of the Hope sawblade rotors with the colored alloy center for a little bling and coolness factor. I generally like to run mid size rotors (ie 185mm) Theirs comes in 183mm... Which brake systems do you think these would work with? Any advice with these would be greatly appreciated!
    i am using 180 and 160 saw blade red hope rotors with formula oro puro

mx

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have Hope saw blades 203/183 with my Shimano Saint M810 brakes. They work but had to do a little modifying to get them to work. Had to use the dremel and shave a little of where the mounting bolt goes as the "rivets" on the rotor were rubbing on the caliper. In the back since Shimano uses a 180mm rotor I used a 203 front adapter and had to use some washers between the caliper and adapter to push the caliper out a little more but now they work fine