Knollician

Hope Race Evo X2

Does anyone have anytime on these? I am huge Hope fan (currently have the V4 on my Chilcotin). I need a good trail brake, but really want to keep the weight down. I would run a 183/160 combo. Any complaints about power? I currently am running 2013 Avid XX 180/160.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    What's your weight and their intended use? I have one I just took off for the v4. They have good power, not great. I would use a larger rotor depending on your weight and bike and use. Maybe going with some red pads to counter the larger rotor if wheel weight is that critical.

Epic rider
    Use them (evo x2 race) and very happy. Had Formula R1 and XTR Race previously (same disc size 180/160) and powerwise no real difference. Better modulation than R1, more or less equal to XTR Race.
    Very easy bleeding and look good.
    Last edited by rapsac; 01-13-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    12 Anthem X29
    07 Epic Marathon carbon
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Anniversary
    03 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    00 Rockhopper Pro

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    There's a bit more mechanical advantage with the Race levers over the Tech ones, with Race X2s on par with Tech M4s in terms of power for the same disc size. Assuming you are not a clyde, 183F/160R should be fine.

Edit: Though Race X2 back, and Race M4 front is also an option if you don't mind having different pad... and are the type of person that like lots of power up front.

xcmtbkr
    Sep 2009

hope evo race x2's

Yea I used them last year on my 26er and considering I'm 230lbs they worked flawless.

I have since switched to the m4's do to now riding 29er