mtbr member

New question here. Hope pink mini x2's?

Is anyone having any issues with their hope mini x2's? My wife really wants a pair for her stumpy but I want to make sure it isn't something that's going to cause alot of headaches. Right now she has the factory juicy ultimates and they are fine but just not "pink" enough Future plans call for a pair of chris king hubs, headset and bottom bracket all in pink of course. These will be going on a large mens 2008 stumpjumper fsr. The bike is the demo bike color baby blue/black. I think it'll look great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My wife's got them on her Fuel EX... no issues, they feel awesome!

mtbr member
    Wow, those look great. My only issue is going to be the rear hose. These are going on a large mens stunpy fsr and they have a rear hose that is almost 4 inches longer than what most manufacturers ship from the factory.

I think I need to Upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Wow, those look great. My only issue is going to be the rear hose. These are going on a large mens stunpy fsr and they have a rear hose that is almost 4 inches longer than what most manufacturers ship from the factory.

You can't go wrong with any Hope brakes they are QUALITY! I don't think that you will have any issue with hose length, I ride an XL frame and I could cut my lines down on the Minis that I am running if I wasn't so lazy.

mtbr member
    An update: Bought these and ordered the longer hose at the same time. The brakes are beautiful right out of the box. However, I did have to install the new hose because the rear was short, alot!

With that said, I hate goodridge hoses. They are the biggest pain in the butt to deal with. I'm sure on a motorcycle, race car or anything else that sees enough brake use to heat the fluid or need rock hard brake lines they're great but just not need for a mountain bike.

The brakes where easy to blead but they where a pain to get adjusted enough not to rub. The are mounted directly to the fork with no conical washers and just to the mount to the rear with no conical washers.

On the rear I even used the facing tool for the mount to attatch to the frame squarely but there was still a bit of rub no matter what I did.

Flash forward two months and 175 miles and no more rub. With some use and alot of mud and dirt smashed through them they are broke in and feal great (according to my wife whom uses them.