mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Hope mono M4 rear and 6Ti Front?

i didnt know there was a brake forum here..
    i almost built my bike, the only thing missing were the brakes, so i orderer a pair from jensonusa.com Hope mono M4 8" front and rear, the rear was fine, not the front, with the adaptor it wouldnt fit, i have an 03 Marzocchi Monter T fork. so i called hope, and they said the only think that will fit is the 6Ti with a special adapter, there are 6 adapters for it..and i guess one of them is for the marzocchi.
    i was reading a post about the monster t fork/mono m4 brakes, looking to see what the problem was, so i sent an email to a person who had the same problem..
    i called jensonusa, and i told them about the problem and they said just to send to front m4 back pay the difference and they'll send me a 6Ti. the problem was, that was just before i left to Iraq, where im now, and i was just wondering if there will be any problem with the brakin power, shouldnt both brakes be the same model?
    both rotors will be 200mm

thanks
    dave
    Last edited by Manic; 03-25-2004 at 06:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic
    i didnt know there was a brake forum here..
    i almost built my bike, the only thing missing were the brakes, so i orderer a pair from jensonusa.com Hope mono M4 8" front and rear, the rear was fine, not the front, with the adaptor it wouldnt fit, i have an 03 Marzocchi Monter T fork. so i called hope, and they said the only think that will fit is the 6Ti with a special adapter, there are 6 adapters for it..and i guess one of them is for the marzocchi.
    i was reading a post about the monster t fork/mono m4 brakes, looking to see what the problem was, so i sent an email to a person who had the same problem..
    i called jensonusa, and i told them about the problem and they said just to send to front m4 back pay the difference and they'll send me a 6Ti. the problem was, that was just before i left to Iraq, where im now, and i was just wondering if there will be any problem with the brakin power, shouldnt both brakes be the same model?
    both rotors will be 200mm

thanks
    dave

Actually I just got the mini mono's and the manual said the levers for the mini's,m4's,and 6ti's were the same.If you look at motorcycles the front rotor and caliper are usually different i.e, different size and or configuration 4 piston, 2piston ,6piston. Personally I would go with a smaller rear rotor as well(modulates better on the unweighted rear wheel.anyway that my $0.02 worth

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    Actually I just got the mini mono's and the manual said the levers for the mini's,m4's,and 6ti's were the same.If you look at motorcycles the front rotor and caliper are usually different i.e, different size and or configuration 4 piston, 2piston ,6piston. Personally I would go with a smaller rear rotor as well(modulates better on the unweighted rear wheel.anyway that my $0.02 worth

thanks.
    the original setup i wanted was mini in the rear and 6ti in front, since the front one gets almost all the weight when braking..
    i'll see if they take the rear caliber back as well..
    thanks
    dave