mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Hope Minis and pros - caliper questions - IS or post?

Hi, looking into getting some brakes soon and I have a question and cant quite find a definate answer to it. Im specifically looking for a 140 rear and 160 front set-up.

hope mini monos - do they (front/rear or both) come in IS calipers or are they all post mount with an adapter only?

What about the mini mono pros? Same question.

According to CRC descriptions, it seems that the pros come in both style and the regular minis only come in post w/adapter - correct?

Just wanting to make sure before I plunk down my hard earned money on a pair of these. i really dont like the look of adapters - makes the brake look huge, heavy and ugly

Thanks for any responses

WOY
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You are correct, the regular MONO mini are post mount only however with the PRO you can get both the Post and IS plus you can run a 140mm rear rotor with IS mounting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the quick response Thats what it seemed, just wanted to make sure. Looks like I'll be going with the Pros.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WOY
    You are correct, the regular MONO mini are post mount only however with the PRO you can get both the Post and IS plus you can run a 140mm rear rotor with IS mounting.

you can runt 140 mm disc on the rear break with Post to.