formerly Giantxc

Hope Mini v. Hayes HFX-9 v. avid cable?

I'll probably buy one of the 3 today and they're all about the same price All 3 have pretty good reviews, but they describe the Hayes as a bit sketchy (comes loose?). About the only distinguishing factor is that the Hope is the lightested unless the adaptor needed to use it with a Manitou fork bumps it up much.

Any thoughts on which of the 3 will give the best xc performance? My 3 main criteria are modulation, stopping power (must be better than v's) and ease/lack of maintance.

Also anyone know if the Hope or the Hayes has a longer lever.

Thanks

Mike

There's no app for this.

thoughts

I've got the Hope M4's & have had the Hayes Comp. Avids I've only tried, but not owned. If modulation is key to you, Hope. Same goes for reliability (over Hayes, personal opinion here).

The Avid's I tried were grabby, as were the Hayes I owned, I stress this is just my .02, and somewhat close experience to what you're looking at?
    Don't discount Magura Martas, or Formula B4's.

Jim MCM #11

formerly Giantxc

Thanks

I wound up going with the Hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    I've got the Hope M4's & have had the Hayes Comp. Avids I've only tried, but not owned. If modulation is key to you, Hope. Same goes for reliability (over Hayes, personal opinion here).

The Avid's I tried were grabby, as were the Hayes I owned, I stress this is just my .02, and somewhat close experience to what you're looking at?
    Don't discount Magura Martas, or Formula B4's.

Jim MCM #11