mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Hope M4 two piece rotor with Hayes Stroker Carbon

Looking for some help, I have Hayes stroker carbon brakes (2008) 203mm front, 180 rear. Can I use the Hope M4 two piece floating rotors with them? I talked to a Hope dealer, and he said "they should" but he could not guarantee they would. From what he has heard, they work with some Avid, some Hayes, but not all. He thinks they should work with any, provided the set up is done correctly.

HELP! I WANT THOSE WICKED SAW BLADE ROTORS WITH THE BLUE CENTERS BAD!!!!!

ride hard take risks
    Shouldnt be a problem, worst case you add shims to space the caliper up.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Meh.
    The rivets and the aluminum carrier are quite wide. You may need to do some careful grinding/filing to get the clearance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by newdownhiller
    I have Hayes stroker carbon brakes (2008) 203mm front, 180 rear. Can I use the Hope M4 two piece floating rotors with them?
    I'm thinking about building similar setup. If you try, please make a success/failure report here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I have read that some people did some light filing to get the clearance, that is always a viable option, relatively easy too. Has anyone used the M4 rotors with success on non Hope calipers? If so, which ones?

Meh.
    I've done it with my Juicy 7s. I had to file the adapter.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The Magura rotors will be a perfect match to the size of the Hayes pads, the Hope will be too narrow.

Ony trouble is the Maguras are actually heavier than normal, unlike the Hopes, and they are only available in red and black centres.

The Hope V2 non vented disc will probably be a close match aswell. Whatever, you will probably have to file/dremel a shaving off the caliper leg and maybe the adaptor.
    You can't make a racehorse out of a donkey, but you can make a fast donkey.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have used the Hope floating rotors without any problems with Magura Marta's on a Stumpie with the S120 fork if that helps.