Thread: Hope M4 pads?

mtbr member

New question here. Hope M4 pads?

Hi,
    I need some new pads for my Hope mono M4's. Any recommendations? I've heard good things about the EBC pads but have always stuck with Hope pads in the past.

Cheers, Steve
    Intense 6.6

mtbr member
    I've always stuck with Hope pads. I always use the sintered ones. Seems like they last the longest.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply, do you find they give better performance over the standard pads too?
    Intense 6.6

...idios...
    Steve, I use Superstar organic in one of my V2s and my partner uses them in her Mono M4. They're six quid a pair from eBay (link to seller) and are quite similar to the Hope organic pads in their performance. They do a sintered set if you fancy giving them a try.

I'd recommend steering clear of the OBE pads from eBay (bikefridge). Rather poor performance with tendancy to squeak when they get hot. I also had to file down the back-plates on a Mono Mini set before they'd fit the caliper aperture.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Thanks Steve,

They look pretty good, and give a full money back guarentee if you're not happy
    I'll give one of each (sintered and organic) a try.
    Thanks for the link too, much appreciated
    Intense 6.6

Double-metric mtb man
    I have a set of XT pads that I've heard good things about....they are going in this spring (my stockers are getting close, but it's too gungy yet to grind up the new set).
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mike
    I have a set of XT pads that I've heard good things about....they are going in this spring (my stockers are getting close, but it's too gungy yet to grind up the new set).
    Shimano organic and metallic seem to work well, comparable to the Hopes. My local Performance had a box of NOS Kool Stop Grimeca/xt755 pads for $5 set, bought 4 sets and its all I am using right now. They have about the same stopping power as shimano/hopes but wear a slightly faster or maybe there're thinner.