mtbr member
    Feb 2013

hope m4 adapters ?

hi all..

just wanted to ask some advice please..if anyone can help that would be great.

I have been out of biking for 15 years..and decided recently I want to get back into it...

I have decided on the bike I want to get and its this one

w w w .on-one.co.uk/i/q/FBOO4561X5/on_one_456_evo_x5_sektor_bike

I want to upgrade the brakes first with the hope m4 evo.. I dont really understand what adapters I need? is or postmount? and what size rotor would be good.. I weight about 13 stone.

thanks

mtbr member
    Here you go this should help. I just ordered the same brakes and I'm going 203 up front and 180 in back but you could probably try 180/160 if you are a lighter rider and want to save a little bit of weight. I sold my XTR M988 brakes because I liked my Hope V2 on my DH bike so much so decided to try the M4 on my trail bike - I was really impressed with build quality of the Hope brake and the adjustable levers work really well. Good luck with your new bike!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    hi m8, thanks very much for your reply.

i went for 203mm up front and 160 on rear will upgrade the wheels next I think.. the bug has got me again ha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by devie View Post
    hi m8, thanks very much for your reply.

i went for 203mm up front and 160 on rear will upgrade the wheels next I think.. the bug has got me again ha
    Right on, you better kill that upgrade bug real quick or get ready to do some explaining when the Visa bills start showing up. I started out 2 years ago with with some XTR Trail brakes for my Speshy Enduro. Needless to say, I no longer have that bike and now have 2 completely different bikes that I'm constantly upgrading - haha.

I ended up going 203/160 as well because a custom made adapter will be required for a 180. I figure I'll give the 160 try first and if I don't go OTB too many times and like the power I'll just keep it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I am from the motor sport world and bigger brakes are ALWAYS better. So 203 floaters with MK4 Hopes fr & rear, on a moonlander, do the job very nicely.

Hope makes adaptors for just about anything to anything also, cheap....
    I LOVE ORANGE keep them coming, if I wanted to change I would have done it 50-60 years ago....