mtbr member

Hope Gothic Rotors

Does anyone know anything about those Hope Gothic Rotors? Do they work good with Hayes HFX-9 brakes or are regular Hayes rotors the best for HFX-9's?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have a 185mm Gothic rotor on my front HFX-9 brake and it's worked really well so far. They take a couple weeks to break in, but after that they have a ton more power than the 6" hayes rotor that came stock on my bike. I think that by using a rotor from a different company it voids the warranty, but for me it was worth it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

work great on avid

Quote Originally Posted by cummings
    Does anyone know anything about those Hope Gothic Rotors? Do they work good with Hayes HFX-9 brakes or are regular Hayes rotors the best for HFX-9's?
    I have Avid mechanicals with a hope 185mm Gothic on the front and it works great. They're 40.00 each at jensonusa.com.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    I've seen the Hope rotors with the sharp cut outs crack. Sharp corners on stressed parts are a bad idea.

not so super...
    No cracking problems or any other issue when used with my old Hayes Purples. I ran them for approx 2 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    The ones I've seen crack have sharp corners in the braking surface like these Hope lightening bolt rotors. Your gothic rotors look to be the later version with a radius in the corners.