mtbr member

Hope Floating Sawtooth Warped, Fixable?

What's the deal with these rotors? This is the second one I've gotten supposedly new (off ebay so who knows) that seems to be warped. I can't quite get it to roll without any pad contact at some point on the rotation. Throw the old Magura Wave back on and its perfect. It's definitely a rotor problem. So is this common with these rotors? I'm guessing the floating design warps a little easier. How can I fix this? I'm about fed up with dealing with it. I have one on the rear that works great and has zero rub. BTW this is a 160 on the front with a Magura Marta SL brake if that matters.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

Rub it............
    Take an adjustable wrench and very easily bend the rotor until it doesn't rub.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    Take an adjustable wrench and very easily bend the rotor until it doesn't rub.

This.

I've had more than a few pairs of these, and they've all been a tad warped to some point. Just get some pliers or a wrench and bend them back. NBD at all. Very easy to do, takes less than 5 minutes. Once you get them set, they should be good unless you smack your rotor on something on the trail.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I'll give it a try. I'm guessing just mount it and bent it back and forth until it rolls true with no pad contact?
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Yes. Just mount the caliper and center it over the rotor as best you can. As in if the rotor just has one wobble in it, be sure to center it over the part that's not warped, obviously.

Once you do that, just bend the warped part little by little until that part is centered between the pads and in line with the rest of the rotor.

A really good way to center the caliper is with a set of spark plug feeler gauges.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Got it trued. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I don't even bother with truing rotors if it is only kissing the pads. Mine floaters seems to stop rubbing once up to temperature.