mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Hope floating rotors and Marta calipers?????????????

Has anyone tried to use Hope floating two-piece rotors with Magura Marta calipers. I am thinking of try it. Just want to know if it works.
    Last edited by tolleyman; 06-13-2007 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Made title more appealinig

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Maybe.

It depends on what caliper & what size rotor.

I don't have any 160 mm Hope rotors so I have no idea if those will work.

The 140 mm Hope rotor will work on the rear with a front caliper but the rivets are also very very close to hitting the caliper - dangerously close in my opinion. It is also has a very thin braking surface- only 1.7 mm vs. 2.0 mm for the stock Marta rotor.

The 180 mm Hope rotor will not work on the front with a rear caliper. The rivets will not clear the caliper. The braking surface of this rotor is 1.8 mm - also quite thin.

I've also found the quality control on my Martas to be not so good when it comes to machining the mounting surface. Mine vary by more than 1 mm! This means I have to add or subtract more spacers between brake sets. I expected MUCH less variation than that! All these errors add up so much that some combinations of parts simply aren't safe to use.