mtbr member
    Jul 2008

HOPE Floating Disc Rubs Post Mount on Fox Vanilla 2009

I've recently bought new Hope M4 with floating discs 183mm and wanted to install them on FOX 32 Vanilla RLC 2009 fork, unfortunatelly floating disc (this black part) is rubbing postmount on fork. I've removed some material from fork and still have the same problem.
    Hub I'm running is Chris King Front ISO HUB.

Any ideas if problem is caused maybe by Hub? Would other hubs be narrower?
    Or maybe I should use floating disc only on 20mm axle?

Regards,
    Lukasz

...idios...
    It's a known compatibility issue. You'll either have to switch to non-floating rotors or switch your hub. Other than a Hope, I couldn't confirm which other hubs are OK, although there are plenty of others. I'm quite sure more folk will pipe in with contributions, some more helpful than others...

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    So I understand that HOPE hub will have flange to install disc nearer to center of wheel?

I'll probably just use regular rotors, but I'm pissed as they don't mention it on their website and I couldn't find any informations about compatibility problems.

Thanks,
    Lukasz

...idios...
    The Hope hubs, like many, many other hubs, positions the rotor mount slightly further inboard the on the CK. There's also a problem with I9 hubs, I understand.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

One life, One boss

Try the grinder

I had a similar issues with the M4's floating rotor on my 07 RS Revelation. I too have a CK ISO hub. For awhile the IS adapter flip flopped to allow enough clearance, however since the IS adapter is not symetrical the pads were bitting the rotor really high. This also caused a buzzing noise.

You can get the floating rotor to fit. My LBS faced the fork and grinded down on the adapter (ISmount) where the rotor was rubbing and all is well except that damn noise is still there.