Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hope Evo Race sticky lever

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  WRX-Rob 
#1 ·
Hi all:

I'm a long time lurker and user of the classifieds, but have an issue that hopefully the experts can help me solve. I just bought a pair of Hope Evo Race X2 brakes and got them installed last night. I'm having a bit of trouble with the rear lever. Straight out of the box the lever felt a little squishy, and slow to return. The front lever spings back with a nice solid "pop" but the rear is very slow to return.

I have dealt with this issue on the mini before but the issue was usually that I tightened the lever pivot bolt too much and could fix it by loosening the bolt a tad.

With the new design of the lever, there is no bolt, only the brass barrel and circlip that the lever pivots on.

I have ruled out the possibly of this being an internal issue, as I took the "dome head screw" out of the brass barrel, rotated things a bit and the lever snapped back. As soon as I put everything back together, the lever was sluggish again.

Anyone dealt with this before?

#2 ·
I just thought I'd update this in case anyone else has the same issue.

Remove the brass barrel from the lever pivot. You will see silver bushings that the lever actually pivots on. They have some sort of black substance that I believe is supposed to help with the friction, but mine had a little bit too much of this substance. I sanded both bushings down a little and voila...problem fixed. Now the rear lever snaps back just like it should. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.