used to be uno-speedo....

Hope disc brakes rubbing

I bleed my Hope M4 brake yesterday for the first time after I replaced the stock hose with the braided one per SteveUK's most excellent instructions. For the life of me I cannot get the disc/rotor to stop rubbing. I am sure the disc is bent in one place. I even tried using the advice on the Hope website of pushing against the pad to push the piston back in but to no avail.

I'm sure this had been discussed before but my search resulted in nothing useful.

Any tips?

Negative Rep Points!!!!
    Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooood:

Bring that beast by. I'll get ya dialed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

used to be uno-speedo....
    Haha thanks Steve. You taught me well but I just can't get this tiny amount to stop rubbing.

banned
    Take it to aqua, he's been using Hopes for longer than I. I'd offer advice, but he'll likely solve it.

Just remember to center the disc in the window and not use the sh*tty Avid method. It might rub a bit for a few rides, but spread the pads apart like legs and they will work great. I've also found that subsequent refittings also put some circular gouges in the mouting eyelets and the bolt tends to follow them and the caliper shifts. Tighten incrementally with extremely short turns (single digit degrees at a time).

mtbr member
    Get some pliers, put some tape on the ends so it doesn’t damage the rotors and try bending the disc into the right position wherever it’s rubbing, that's my shortcut to no rubbing anyway...

...idios...
    "Get some pliers, put some tape on the ends so it doesn’t damage the rotors..."

Why not just use an adjustable wrench? Eliminates the need for the tape and is probably easier to control as you don't need to use concentration holding it closed...

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Oh yeah, that would be better, just didnít think of itÖ