mtbr member

New question here. hope brakes/ rotor question

I just ordered a pair of hope tech x2 brakes and I have a few questions. I noticed that hope specs a 183mm rotor and not the normal 185. I had planned on using my 185f 160r rotors from my avids but I'm not sure about fitment issues.

I'm using my rotors because the pink version of the brakes only comes with a 160mm front and I prefer a 185. If I could have got a 185 in the pink flower cut pattern id be all over it

"I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    i know you can use your avid rotors to your new hope brake system.you just need to use the avid adapters...which are 185mm.or,if you like to use the hope adapters,try adding some washers/spacers to make it 185mm.

HTH

mtbr member
    May 2006
    You could ask your LBS to ask Hope to make you a 185mm pink flower rotor. They made me a 220mm floating rotor before they were widely available. Hope are good like that.

mtbr member
    To be honest I wasn't that into the flower rotors. My wife has a pair of the 09's on her stumpy and they look great but I just wanted a good reliable brake set and thought the pink would look good on my brown el guapo (going for all brown/pink).

I'd like to have a set of the two piece rotors from the blue set but with a pink aluminum hat without the flower pattern on them but I'll use my avids
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

banned
    Apr 2010
    Lord.