mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Hope brake bleed hose

Just finished bleeding my Hope Mono Mini's (long overdue). I couldn't believe how simple it was. The only issue I had was the hose coming off of the bleed nipple. What do people use for this? The closest I could find was 1/4" clear plastic hose, but it refused to stay on, which led to a bit of a mess. Seems like something a bit less stiff would be ideal and preferably with some kind of clamp.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Cable tie...put the hose on thebleed nipple, cable tie around it tight..should hold it on well wnough to bleed the brakes.

...idios...
    If you use the clear plastic stuff, loop a cable tie (not tight) around the hose and fork/frame to support the hose. As long as there's little/no weight on the point where the hose is attached to the nipple you shouldn't have any problems. This presumes that you use a small bag on the end of the hose, rather than bleeding into a jar (or similar).

You could also check auto supply shops for bleed pipes. They tend to be made out of a softer, more flexible material; although the tie around the bike will still give an extra degree of security.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks. That's what I ended up doing...hose suspended with cable ties, with tie around hose and fitting. Worked ok, but was still a bit precarious. Using a plastic bag though...genius! I'm an idiot and didn't think of this.

Edit: Side note: I love these brakes. Incredibly easy to work on. Makes you wonder what the need for the whole 2 syringe bleed method is with the other manufacturers.

...idios...
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarker9
    Edit: Side note: I love these brakes. Incredibly easy to work on. Makes you wonder what the need for the whole 2 syringe bleed method is with the other manufacturers.
    Because it's worth another $30 retail on the price of a new brakeset, unless you want to pay a shop (a similar amount) to do it for you.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler