Thread: Hope adapters

mtbr member

Hope adapters

Hoping someone can make sense of the hope adapters for me..
    I have a set of Evo M4's 183 front and rear.
    Finding the front adapter seems to be straight forward, the rear not so much.

Does anyone know which adapter would fork for the 183 rotor on the post mount rear of a mojo HD?

Thanks!

MTBR Member
    Good question...I'm wondering if you would just use the same adapter as you will for the front. If you look at a photo of that adapter, it says STD PM to PM...nothing about front or rear specific.

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Good question...I'm wondering if you would just use the same adapter as you will for the front. If you look at a photo of that adapter, it says STD PM to PM...nothing about front or rear specific.
    Yeap, post mount to post mount adapters should work front or rear since the standard is based on rotor size and is the same for fork or frame. Only thing I wonder about, in the case of the 183mm Hope adapter, is it not only moves the caliper outwards, but also downwards. Some rear post mount implementations I've seen place the caliper between the chain and seat stay where there is minimal clearance.... I'm wondering if this would present a problem for those frames?