banned

Cool-blue Rhythm Hey, tcheezy, I finally resorted to grinding the edges off the J7 rotors

I finally resorted to grinding the edges off the J7 rotors and on the initial tryout on pavement the results were incredible. What I want to know is how you came up with this solution and second why only shave off the inner and not both sides? Just curious...Thanks, Jacques

banned

No good

after about 1/2 hr of intense trail riding, the problem came back just as before. this time ive filed all the edges on BOTH sides since it doesnt make sense that if the edges are the culprit, then grinding them on only one side will be effective. We'll se how they do now. if not im done with these wavy rotors. will contact avid for a set of replacement round mech rotors

mtbr member
    Jaco,

Tscheezy's gone on vacation and probably won't be around to answer much. Anyway, he did in fact file both the inside and outside edges of the rotors, and this seemed to help the squealing quite a bit. He was also messing around with other pads in various compounds, but I'm not sure what the results were. I'm planning on riding with him later this week and if it works out I'll get the scope from him and let you.

Crash

banned

Cool-blue Rhythm

Crash, Thanks for pitching in. Will wait for any comments.