mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Listen! HELP!!!!!! Using Disc Brake Adapter Question

[SIZE="3"]Hi. i am confused mainly... i am having a really really hard time finding new disc brakes for my front and rear. as the setting is 160/140! i already got the disc brakes but are not very effective!

what i know is, bigger the disc rotor. the better stopping power!

i saw upon this... http://www.woollyhatshop.com/varimg.php?id=118 and i decided the easy way was 180/180 setup using the adaptor 20mm and 40mm to upgrade.

But i cant find a picture to show me how this adaptor is fitted. so i could then see what other things are needed in order to make it work and to see how the calliper fits onto it.

i will be upgrading the calliper brakes and new rotors too. it will be cable or maybe hydraulic, i have no clue which.

I have not been riding my bike for 3 years due to fiancee's death giving birth to my son.

i am not here for sympathy just advice.

Many thanks in advance.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by humourbash; 04-10-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: too small to read so i made it one size bigger! LOL

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by humourbash
    [SIZE=2]Hi. i am confused mainly... i am having a really really hard time finding new disc brakes for my front and rear. as the setting is 160/140! i already got the disc brakes but are not very effective!

what i know is, bigger the disc rotor. the better stopping power!

i saw upon this... http://www.woollyhatshop.com/varimg.php?id=118 and i decided the easy way was 180/180 setup using the adaptor 20mm and 40mm to upgrade.

But i cant find a picture to show me how this adaptor is fitted. so i could then see what other things are needed in order to make it work and to see how the calliper fits onto it.

i will be upgrading the calliper brakes and new rotors too. it will be cable or maybe hydraulic, i have no clue which.
    [/SIZE]

Your message is sort of confusing, you are going to upgrade the calipers but don't know if you are going mechanical or hydraulic? If you are getting new calipers and rotors, then you are pretty much getting a complete new brake system. When you buy your new brakes you should be able to get the correct adapters with them to match the size rotors you want.