Thread: help, please

mtbr member

help, please

Hello
    I have a set of juicy 5s and I just changed my rear pads. After I installed the new pads, they are close together and I can't fit my rotor between it. How can I easily fix this
    Thanks

one less car
    very carefullly insert the flat screwdriver, or something similar, to spread the pads apart. that should do it, unless there's something else goin on
    nothing in life is real, so if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

mtbr member
    Put your old pads in and use a screwdriver or whatever to push pistons all the way back before installing new pads again.

mtbr member
    ok, tried to take the new pads off but can't. I think they are too close together for them to pop off. I carefully tried using a screwdriver as well but am hesitant to use much strength so as to damage the new pads...
    Any other suggestions?

one less car
    are/were the new pads properly seated on the pistons? other than that i'm at a loss since i have their BB7 mechs rather than hydros
    nothing in life is real, so if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

mtbr member
    I just told you to use old pads for safe, chances are you're not gonna break the friction material. I've used screwdriver on my pads a lot of times they're still fine. If you're still worried, you can try jamming a knife in there to protect the friction material.

mtbr member
    now that I have the new pads on, I can't get them off to put the old ones on to spread them apart. I guess there is no space for it to come off of the piston... I will try spreading again using a knife...

mtbr member
    Thanks all for your help. I managed to correct everything with some patience, a butter knife and some elbow grease.