Thread: Help Please

Cinchy is a cool word ok?

Help Please

I accidentally held down my lever on my hayes nine hd rear brake without anything to pinch between it. I have a bleed kit, but to tell you the truth, I have no Idea how to bleed brakes ( I think it comes with instructions) or if I even need to in this situation.
    The problem is this:
    Since I squeezed the lever with no rotor in between it, the gap between the pads is smaller and the pads rub harshly.
    What do I do?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Remove the wheel and pads, then gently push the brake piston(s) back into the caliper with a small flat bladed screwdriver.

-> SickLines.com <-
    you don't need to remove the pads. Just put a piece of paper in between the slot, and insert screwdriver and push the pistons back.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just be very careful not to damage your pads, I'd recommend using old ones if you have some

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by Icantthinkofaname
    Just be very careful not to damage your pads, I'd recommend using old ones if you have some
    If he's careful it shouldn't be a problem. If he has old pads that would work if you're scared of scratching the pads?

Either way, Scratched pads < Damaged pistons

Cinchy is a cool word ok?
    Thanks everyone!

SLX
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Use a tire lever

No Fear
    No need to bleed .Friends told you what to do .
    But learn bleeding.

1: Open the reservoir cap
    2: Open the bleeding screw in caliper and attach a colorless pipe ( aquarium pipes) to its hose - be sure the pipe grips the hose head - and put the other end of that pipe in a bottle or something to collect fluid
    3: Place the master cylinder in a high position to caliper
    4: pour fluid in the reservoir and let it come out from the caliper bleed hose
    5: puor the fluid untill you see no bubles come out of the pipe for a long time
    6: Close the bleed hose scrrew -but be sure the reservoir is full and wont take in air as you go down to close the screw
    7: Fill the reservoir and bolt on its cap - be carefull not to let air in while closing reservoir cap
    7: Ride on
    * : How to pour fluid in the reservois constantly . I made a small hole in a bottle cap and sqeezed a piple throught it .The bottle must be plastic to be squeezable.
    Last edited by SABER_MTB; 06-19-2007 at 01:04 AM.