Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012

Help Me w/ BB7 Install!

I picked up a BB7 complete set from Blue Sky:

BlueSkyCycling.com - 2011 Avid BB7 Disc Brake Combo Kit

to upgrade my stock brakes on my 2011 Trek Marlin. Everything went great until I tried to remount the rear wheel! According to the instruction pictures I have a 160mm rotor mounting bracket but I do not have enough clearance between the disk and caliper.

See pictures:

Any ideas where to go now? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Me w/ BB7 Install!-bb7-2.jpg  

Help Me w/ BB7 Install!-bb7-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

mtbr member
    remove caliper and mounting bracket. install wheel then try to remount the caliper.
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

Never enough time to ride
    Make sure your not using a 160mm FRONT adapter, it won't work on the rear. They are specific.

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by squish View Post
    Make sure your not using a 160mm FRONT adapter, it won't work on the rear. They are specific.

happy trails...

squish
    You are the million dollar winner! I had just went through the thought of "are the calipers different" but I didn't take it to the next thought of are the adapters front/back specific. I was just about to start pulling out hair!

Tomorrow I will finish the adjusting and I can't wait to use these puppies on Saturday!

mtbr member
    learn something new every day!
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by squish View Post

happy trails...

squish
    You are the million dollar winner! I had just went through the thought of "are the calipers different" but I didn't take it to the next thought of are the adapters front/back specific. I was just about to start pulling out hair!

Tomorrow I will finish the adjusting and I can't wait to use these puppies on Saturday!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TxMatt View Post

well actually.....the youtube video I posted mentioned that there is a Front specific 160 mm mount......so where's my million dollars..JK.....glad you got it working...

Tree Dodger
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by osmarandsara View Post
    well actually.....the youtube video I posted mentioned that there is a Front specific 160 mm mount......so where's my million dollars..JK.....glad you got it working...
    I noticed that after the 3rd time watching, but only that it had a "F" for front. Go stand by the mail box, your check is in the mail

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    yeah, I think the adapters are like 160 front/140 rear or something like that... you gotta look at them carefully, also leave them loose until the wheel is locked up, compress brakes fully then tighten them down... self centering caliper trick =]