Dropshot Champ!

Help me diagnose my M775 Xt's...

They only have about 350miles on em, curious what's going wrong! About halfway through the lever pull, there's a restriction, kinda feels "springy" and if you keep pulling, the caliper makes a noise.

I've looked at the caliper and pads and they seem fine (pads are pretty worn tho) and besides ruining modulation, they brakes WORK.

Someone else has got to have had this problem before, and know a solution!

Thanks

-Adrian

also, let me know if i can describe the problem better, it's tough!

Meh.
    I don't remember if these brakes use a spring between the pads. If they do, make sure the spring is not hitting the rotor. Make sure the caliper is centered. Make sure there is nothing embedded in the pad material.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    the 775 use the same spring as other shimano 2 piston brakes (I guess the saint do too, but haven't used them yet)

mtbr member
    Is it like a 'click' half way thru the pull and then it's quiet again to the point of contact?
    If so, pull on your lever so that the pistons are extended. Put a tiny drop of oil on the piston walls where it exits the caliper body (making sure you DO NOT accidently drop any on your pad). pump a few times and it should be good to go.

I believe it is a sticky piston as I had the same problem on one of my XT brakes.