mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Help with Magura Mouise BAT diagnosis

I have recently installed Louise BAT brakes to my bike and everything worked fine.

I then got a local main Magura dealer, (I'm in Germany by the way), to shorten the hoses and switch the hoses to moto/English normal.

Since this time, if my bike is left more than 6-7 hours the back brake lever can be pulled an extra approx. 4mm on the first pull. After that the brake is fine and as rock solid as the front with no sponginess. Even on the first pull it is rock solid but the lever just pulls a little further.

Does this mean that I may just need to top up my reservoir or does it sound like I have air in my rear brake system?

Experienced answers would be a great help.

Cheers

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzomud
    I have recently installed Louise BAT brakes to my bike and everything worked fine.

I then got a local main Magura dealer, (I'm in Germany by the way), to shorten the hoses and switch the hoses to moto/English normal.

Since this time, if my bike is left more than 6-7 hours the back brake lever can be pulled an extra approx. 4mm on the first pull. After that the brake is fine and as rock solid as the front with no sponginess. Even on the first pull it is rock solid but the lever just pulls a little further.

Does this mean that I may just need to top up my reservoir or does it sound like I have air in my rear brake system?

Experienced answers would be a great help.

Cheers
    Bleed them again...

Think about it... the level on the reservoir is irrelevant, as long as you have enough fluid to "fill" the brake. Otherwise, you will have air entering the brake and you'd get the same symptoms each time you'd pull the lever.

Inconsistent or "weird" acting on a brake most of the times is air into the brake.

BTW... I'm on BAT's too...
    Check my Site