mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Help with Forumla B4 breaks

I have a Norco Nitro 2001 with Formula disc breaks. After about one year the breaks were no longer working very well so I attempted to add some dot 5.1 oil as the instructions on the formula website. As of now I get oil coming out of the membrane, it still fills with oil etc etc. I think the oil coming out is on the edge or something.

My question is it possible to repair the leveler if indeed its broken, or will I have to replace the leveler with a new not so cheap one? Thank you
    Josh

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by riker23ok
    I have a Norco Nitro 2001 with Formula disc breaks. After about one year the breaks were no longer working very well so I attempted to add some dot 5.1 oil as the instructions on the formula website. As of now I get oil coming out of the membrane, it still fills with oil etc etc. I think the oil coming out is on the edge or something.

My question is it possible to repair the leveler if indeed its broken, or will I have to replace the leveler with a new not so cheap one? Thank you
    Josh

First things first. The word is "brakes". The word you used just rubs me the wrong way.

There was a modification kit for your brakes that solved a leak problem with a better reservoir retainer ring. You may get this kit from Thorsten formula@khsbicycleparts.com

I don't know what "levelers" are.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.