mtbr member

Help Bleeding Hope Mono Minis???

Can anyone provide me with some instructions on how to bleed the Hope Mono Minis?
    I bought the bleeding kit last year but never need to use it. Putting the Hopes on a new bike tonight and human error requires a bleed. I took a look at the new bleeding kit (the one you hook up to a tire and the instructions are $hit! The provide (at least to me) a set of incomprehensible instructions....meaning I have no idea what they are instructing me to do.

Help?

Thanks
    KMan

(aka SS_MB-7)
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    Can anyone provide me with some instructions on how to bleed the Hope Mono Minis?
    I bought the bleeding kit last year but never need to use it. Putting the Hopes on a new bike tonight and human error requires a bleed. I took a look at the new bleeding kit (the one you hook up to a tire and the instructions are $hit! The provide (at least to me) a set of incomprehensible instructions....meaning I have no idea what they are instructing me to do.

Help?

Thanks
    KMan
    Hey Michael,

Will this help?: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...47602#poststop

I've never used the Hope bleed kit, so I can't really help you there.
    Ride Hard,
    Mike B. (MCM# 7.77)
    http://www.one-speed.com

Do It Yourself
    I helped my buddy with his Mono Minis the other night. He got the bleed kit too. I took one look at it and figured the old pump it down from the lever would be easier. Worked out fine. Just used the hose and bottle on the caliper. Basic procedure being loosen the bleed valve, squeeze the lever, tighten the valve, release the lever and fill the resevoir as needed. Repeat until you see no bubbles from the caliper. Worked fine. This is the same as I've done with another friends XTR (BTW, same as car brakes too). Although I must say, the mineral oil is much easier to deal with. You don't have to be as careful about the drips and so forth.
    Long Live Long Rides