rolling in the greens

Good job! hayes tech customer service

I called the 800 number because I had a stuck caliper. She gave me a RA# and off they went to Wisconsin.

I had been riding with a stuck caliper for some time now, it wasn't fully stuck it would move the pad enough to apply force to the disc, but it wouldn't adjust for pad wear as did the other side of the caliper, so over time they would rub and be hard to set up. My solution for this was to always use new pads in the front and then rotate them to the back at about half way.

I had a tracking number and I knew when they got to WI...I gave the proper amount of time and called up to get a tracking number for the return trip. She gave it to me as I typed it in the website....bingo, there they were....oh cool out for delivery today....knock, knock its the guy in brown handing me my brand new front HFX-9's. Wow I thought that was really cool...and I open the box and the first thing I notice is there are no pads...bummer.....but wait they're soo clean...wow the bar clamp is two bolt now...nice that one bolt system sucked...oh and a new reach adjust screw...sweet. So I slapped in a new set of pads and stuck on the new rotor...and shweet no phwang phwang of a rubbing rotor.

Great customer service and a great brake
    Keith Bontrager: "Strong, light, cheap pick any two."

"Something strong and light ain't gonna be cheap. -That's what I call bling.

And cheap and strong ain't gonna be light. -That ain't bling."
    -----[SIZE=3]locoman
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"That said, I never deal with bike shops for the same reasons. I am a ebay and mail order whore and I don't care"[/SIZE] -----[SIZE=3]yetisurly[/SIZE]

IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv

How much did you pay?

For the full servicing of the brake?

rolling in the greens

Listen! shipping one-way

the problem was an incorrectly sized bore hole for the piston on one side of the caliper .....so they gave me a new brake

Last summer I had a stuck caliper on the rear...as I was leaving for vacation I 2nd day aired it out to WI and they did the work in a day and 2nd day aired it back to me and I got it the day I returned from vacation....with brand new pads, bled and fully serviced for cost of shipping one way.

P.S. a hayes tech also showed my how to fix the reach adj screws at the Hayes Tent @ MT Snow Norba race last year.

[SIZE=4]thanks Hayes[/SIZE]
    Keith Bontrager: "Strong, light, cheap pick any two."

"Something strong and light ain't gonna be cheap. -That's what I call bling.

And cheap and strong ain't gonna be light. -That ain't bling."
    -----[SIZE=3]locoman
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"That said, I never deal with bike shops for the same reasons. I am a ebay and mail order whore and I don't care"[/SIZE] -----[SIZE=3]yetisurly[/SIZE]