mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Hayes stroker.What's the remedy?

Hayes has been keeping me happy for many years.The word modulation never came up in conversation.Who makes the best after market pads?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by frikka
    Hayes has been keeping me happy for many years.The word modulation never came up in conversation.Who makes the best after market pads?
    Most people have no clue what modulation is other then a buzz word for brakes.

When you read a statement that the brakes lock up with little pressure there is no modulation in lock up. Modulation is controlled braking with feed back through the lever to the finger or fingers.

My opinion Galfer makes the best pads but they dont make them for the new Stroker. Hayes semi metallic pads are the best for Strokers.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    It sounds like Galfer could do well selling pads for the stroker judging by the unanimous comments on strokers lame stock pads.I'll keep checking galfer while I wear down this set.

DGB
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Another option would be Swissstop pads. They get some very good reviews.
    A friend recently bought a pair of the Swissstop pads for his Strokers, to try them out, but he hasn't fitted them yet as there's still life in the old pads.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I couldn't find any reviews on swissstop just now.Cool stop makes a semi metalic pad for the stroker also.Has any one tried them?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by frikka
    It sounds like Galfer could do well selling pads for the stroker judging by the unanimous comments on strokers lame stock pads.I'll keep checking galfer while I wear down this set.
    Dont hold your breath over Galfer coming out with a Stroker pad.

The Hayes Semi Metallic is awesome though.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot