dumb ass

Hayes Stroker Trail setup

sorry, but i tried the search....

how do i setup the hayes stroker trail levers so the pads contact the rotor sooner in the levers travel. i don't like pulling the lever as close to the grip. not new to discs but new to hayes/hyd...

thanks

kl
    Baby seal walks into a club.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Try a bleed, there might be air in the lines; I don't believe the strokers have brake point adjustments. Furthermore make sure your caliper is properly centered and that the pistons are both equally mobile. If that doesn't help you're in bad luck as then the lever travel is a brake design feature which you don't seem to like.

You can trick a shorter lever travel by operating the lever without a disc in between, the brake pads will move close inwards than they would normally be. However there are two negatives about this: 1) the brake pads will be close to the rotor (possible drag issues), 2) as the pads wear the brake lever travel will slowly go back to design standard (unless you repeat the trick).

dumb ass
    Quote Originally Posted by cascades
    You can trick a shorter lever travel by operating the lever without a disc in between, the brake pads will move close inwards than they would normally be. However there are two negatives about this: 1) the brake pads will be close to the rotor (possible drag issues), 2) as the pads wear the brake lever travel will slowly go back to design standard (unless you repeat the trick).
    did this on an older set of hayes. like you said, the lever will move back to it's original spot over time.

looks like a bleed job.

thanks

ride hard take risks
    .015 Feeler Gauges.

Stroker bleeding video
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

dumb ass
    thanks.