mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Hayes stroker trail or Avid Juicy 7?.....

had avid juicy 7,s on my old bike and while they did make a little noise in the back thwey generaqlly worked very well......

now on my new bike there are the Hayes brakes and they seem to perform decent(although not as good as the avid)but they make TERRIBLE noise.squeek real bad and almost a chugging noise.

are the stroker trails considered a drop down in performance?is there anything i can do to make them work better?
    2009 Marin Mount Vision 5.7....a great everything bike...

mtbr member
    I have Stroker Trail's on my Enduro and they're silent, the front sometimes squeals a bit when wet.

I think brake squeal is often due to setup, pad and rotor condition.
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have stroker grams which is basically the same and they are very powerful. You might need to bleed them though, because I also had a hard time getting them dialed in but now there great.

Legend
    Nov 2004
    J7s are typically louder than the Strokers I see. Not sure if it's the rotors, though, but basically every J7 set I know of does what mine do, which is randomly howl. The front also makes a turkey gobbling sound which I can temporarily fix by gusseting the rotor vents.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I had Juicy 5's and they were always squealing like a stuck pig. My strokers only squeal when there wet and that is only occasionally which is very nice. I would ride with my wife and would tell me she new how far in front I was from the brakes and I am sure everybody within a mile new as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The turkey gobble is what it does from the back,very very loud.i wonder if a diffrent rotor will fix it.performance wise they are close enough for me to keep the strokers but the nouise has to go.
    2009 Marin Mount Vision 5.7....a great everything bike...

The Mud Stud
    Whats you guys experience been with respect to the power of strokers vs juicy 7?

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Bringer
    Whats you guys experience been with respect to the power of strokers vs juicy 7?
    J7's will lock up, Trails have full braking control.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    The turkey gobble is what it does from the back,very very loud.i wonder if a diffrent rotor will fix it.performance wise they are close enough for me to keep the strokers but the nouise has to go.
    Start reading the responses why does it seem set up is mentioned so many times??

Stroker bleeding video

Feeler gauges are .015 you will need 2 of them.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot