mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Hayes Stroker brakes grabbing

My front Stroker brake tends to grab. Is this typical for Stroker? Any solutions?

mtbr member
    What size rotor are you using? If you have a big 7 or 8 inch rotor then try downsizing to the 6in rotor!

Do you have the Stroker Ryde’s or the Trail’s, the Ryde’s are pretty poor brakes and nothing compared to the Trail’s, especially when it comes to modulation. The grab on the Ryde’s will feel pretty vicious, dangerously vicious as some people have said…

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    They are the Trail model. I'm using a 7 inch rotor. I'll reduce it to 6 inch, which won't reduce my stopping much. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EGF168
    What size rotor are you using? If you have a big 7 or 8 inch rotor then try downsizing to the 6in rotor!

Do you have the Stroker Ryde’s or the Trail’s, the Ryde’s are pretty poor brakes and nothing compared to the Trail’s, especially when it comes to modulation. The grab on the Ryde’s will feel pretty vicious, dangerously vicious as some people have said…

...idios...
    Have you tried different adjustments to the throw of the lever? The position of the lever blade relative to the bar can make a considerable difference to the feel of the brake and is often overlooked when setting brakes up.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler