mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. Hayes Pad Metal Clips-Can You Buy Them??

i bought a set of replacement pads for my hayes hydros (aztec brand) that surprisingly didn't come with the clips to hold the pads in. i used the old clips but they look pretty worn. can i buy the clips seperately from hayes--do bike shops sell them, if so which ones?? my local bike shop says i have to buy complete pads to get the little clips, not sure if they are right. thanks in advance.

rolling in the greens

i hear about this

a buddy of mine dropped his and spent a half hour looking for it...i buy the hayes pads they come with new clips right on the pads only $15 a pair...how much were the aztecs?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    the aztecs were supposed to have them on given the picture but the ones i bought for some reason didn't. just buy the hayes....i also found out you can get just the clips (called hayes) for about $3.50 per.....

mtbr member
    Just use the old Hayes clips cause the ones that come with aftermarket pads like EBC for example were'nt the same shape as the hayes ones, so I used the old Hayes springs just cause they worked before. I'm not saying the EBC clips won't work well, after all there just clips, but you never know. If your old Hayes clips are worn suppossedly you can squeeze em back together a little where they hold the piston. You may also not like the Aztec pads and eventually go back to Hayes Sintered metal pads