Hayes now offers lifetime leak-proof warranty on all disc brakes

Hayes have always been my favorite disc brake, now this nice bonus.

Hayes now offers lifetime leak-proof warranty on all disc brakes | Bicycle Business | BikeBiz

Formerly offered only on Dyno series, Hayes now rolls out lifetime leak-proof warranty across full line of disc brakes.

All Hayes disc brakes purchased through Hayes distributor partners or on complete bicycles will now include a lifetime leakproof warranty. This kicked in for products sold after November 1st. Formerly, Hayes has included their Lifetime Leakproof Warranty only on the Dyno series of brakes.

Eric Schutt, Hayes disc brake product manager said: “Customer support has always been the priority here at Hayes, so extending this program is a natural decision.”

Darren Campbell, VP/GM of Hayes Bicycle Group, said:

“We feel our products are among the most reliable and durable in the industry. Ideally customers don’t have any issues in the first place. Inevitably things happen, and when they do, our priority becomes taking care of our customers with quick and effective service. Our response and service times are among the quickest in the industry. This lifetime leakproof warranty will further improve the service experience."

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Hayes now offers lifetime leak-proof warranty on all disc brakes

Good to know .
    I bought a set of Experts from a UK based web store. The kit came moto style.
    The levers look reversible so that's what I did. Have you ever reversed the levers.
    Coming off Shimamo which I found the levers too short for twisters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Well, I'm picking up the front caliper once I get my new front wheel, now I think I'll go with a 160mm Hayes hydro and move the 180mm BB7 to the new front wheel.

Thanks OP.
    Observe, report.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjedoaks View Post
    Good to know .
    I bought a set of Experts from a UK based web store. The kit came moto style.
    The levers look reversible so that's what I did. Have you ever reversed the levers.
    Coming off Shimamo which I found the levers too short for twisters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's because that's the way bike brakes are set up in the UK. (And the rest of the world, for that matter)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Sounds like Hayes has it's back against a wall with a warranty like that. I can only imagine the claims coming in 5 years from now.

Now I love me some Hayes brakes, I've had 4 sets. I've also had a few sets of shimano's which I prefer, but 1 shimano caliper leaked(Shimano BR-M755), and one hayes piston (hayes hfx-9) seized. So it's an even match for last last 10 years. I like to ride my parts to death, so longevity is only behind performance in my book.

A warranty like this paired with some awesome brakes is a deal maker. Although I would like a seized piston warranty too

I think Hayes is looking to gain some market share with brakes that haven't been as popular with the competition. Hopefully they can get back into the market, I really loved their brakes.