mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Hayes Nines - Different Bleeders btw. 22MM Caliper and 74MM Caliper??

I bought some used Nines from ebay, discovered that I couldn't fit the rear caliper on my Trek Y5, (read dumbass)
    Went to LBS, bought the 22MM direct-mount caliper - fits a treat - banjo fits, bleeder screw won't stop 'bleeding' It appears to me that it isn't long enough to close and seal!

can Anyone confirrm this?
    I hope I can find a replacement quick... I'm CRYING for a ride.

Thanks!

Jeff
    The Original Mad Nutta

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are you trying to use a bleeder screw from a G2 caliper on a G1 caliper? The 22mm direct mount are G1 calipers only. Your LBS can order a bleed screw kit for it or they may have a toasted caliper that you can get the bleed screw from.
    I bike; therefore, I work

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MadNutta
    I bought some used Nines from ebay, discovered that I couldn't fit the rear caliper on my Trek Y5, (read dumbass)
    Went to LBS, bought the 22MM direct-mount caliper - fits a treat - banjo fits, bleeder screw won't stop 'bleeding' It appears to me that it isn't long enough to close and seal!

can Anyone confirrm this?
    I hope I can find a replacement quick... I'm CRYING for a ride.

Thanks!

Jeff
    The Original Mad Nutta
    Here is the Bleeder fitting you need for the 22mm G1 caliper http://www.balleracing.com/Hayes_Bleeder_FittingG1.htm
    Erik,
    Balle Racing
    www.balleracing.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

... and if we just ... All sorted now.. thx!

Oddly, the G2 hose screw fits into the G1 Bleeder port, and the G2 bleeder screw (albeit too short) appears to fit into the hose port.
    I've sorted it out now.. thankfully I had a hose kit kicking around, the bloody G1 screw cost me thirty bucks!

I've ridden, I've loved it... no going back.

(Now to scrape up enough cash to buy a fork so I can use my FRONT brakes!)

Thanks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by VT no 1 2 or 3
    Are you trying to use a bleeder screw from a G2 caliper on a G1 caliper? The 22mm direct mount are G1 calipers only. Your LBS can order a bleed screw kit for it or they may have a toasted caliper that you can get the bleed screw from.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks,
    I found one on Friday at Duke's in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by BalleRacing
    Here is the Bleeder fitting you need for the 22mm G1 caliper http://www.balleracing.com/Hayes_Bleeder_FittingG1.htm
    Erik,
    Balle Racing
    www.balleracing.com