mtbr member

Hayes Customer Service....wow!

I recently started exploring my options concerning replacement of the factory installed Stroker Rydes on my Trance X2. The bike has been well used in the past 4+ years and I have managed to rack up just under 5,000 miles on it. The brake lever pistons have stuck occasionally over the past couple of years on and I have managed to clean them out with the aid of rubbing alcohol and q tips and make them fully functional again with little drama. Not this last time though, the piston became stuck in the housing on the front brake. The rear brake still works fine but the lever pin has quite a bit of play in it.

I became serious about replacing and was ready to toss them and go to a Shimano Deore or XT as a replacement. I thought I would find out first how much it would cost to send them to Hayes and get them refurbished so I sent them an email requesting cost and repair timeframe information.

I was not expecting much and thought I had nothing to lose by giving it a shot.

I was surprised to be contacted back by a customer service representative within 24 hours, given a repair order number and was told to send them back for the cost of postage out for a refurbish job at no charge!

I mailed them to Wisconsin today and will give another update report when I get them back.

So far so good!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Hayes has the best customer service in the bike industry.
    2014 Jamis Dakar XCT 650b Pro

President of the Internet
    Agreed. i called once about a Manitou fork and they sent me a $60 damper for free after I explained my problem via email. Its a wonder Hayes/Manitou doesn't do more marketing.
    Sometimes you eat the trail, sometimes the trail eats you.

http://fairoaksandcarmichaelhomes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm not surprised at all. I had a sticky lever on my Stroker Trails (also on a Trance X), and they were extremely helpful. I'd love to go with XT brakes, but feel really guilty since Hayes has provided such good service.

mtbr member

Good job!

Hayes Customer Service....wow!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353388138.797416.jpgHayes Customer Service....wow!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353388192.599576.jpg

Got them back today, reinstalled and working like new......Thank you Hayes.....I didn't know customer service like this still existed!