Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hayes are all hayes rotors interchangeable?

884 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  XSL_WiLL 
#1 ·
Back from a week in Zions and ready to order up two new sets of brakes tonight. V7 Hayes Stokers for me and V6 Carbon Nines for wiffy. Can I interchange the rotors from each kits and put the V7s up front on both bikes and the V6 in the rear? Are all the calipers housings unniversal and use different mounting brackets based on rotor size?

#3 ·
Ok Can I use the rear adapter from the Stroker to mount a V7 Rotor onto the front brake of the Nines and visa versa,,,use the front V6 adapter to mount 6 inch rotor in the rear of the Strokers. Basically I can I inter change to two kits with the parts they come with? Or will I need to purchase extra adapters?

Second question Strokers Rydes vs Trails And are Rydes much better than Nines. Wondering if I should spend a little more for wiffy's brakes. Can you get one finger braking with the Rydes. I was never able to get that with my old Nines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.