likes bicycles

Hardware for larger rotor size?

I currently have a 160 mm rotor on my front and rear wheels with Juicy 7s'. I've been doing some downhilling lately and find that the front brake is losing effectiveness as the runs go on. I'm thinking a bigger rotor up front may help alleviate some of the problem.

My question is: do I need some hardware to make the rotor fit my brake? It seems that if I move up to a 185 mm rotor I will need to move the caliper out the appropriate distance to make up for the larger rotor radius.

Thanks!

Underskilled
    Brake Adaptors

Just Trying to Get Better
    Yeah, you'll need adapters in addition to the bigger rotors (different adapters for front and rear). The adapters don't come with hardware, so you'll have to use the existing hardware that mounts your calipers to your frame now. Take a look around though...you may be able to buy a whole new brake set for close to what you will pay for new rotors and adapters. Adapters are only $10/each though. Just depends on what rotors you might get and if you even want to upgrade.

Here's a good example of a front adapter:
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/167...-Included).htm

mtbr member
    As mentioned above, if you shop around you'll often find that it's more cost-effective to purchase a whole new brake+rotor+adaptor set, rather than buying the bits seperately. Well that was certainly the case when I upsized my front BB7 anyway. And the bonus is you get a spare caliper for free.
    Brisbane, AU