My little friends

Grimeca disks gradually get tighter!

My series 1 Grimeca disk on the rear will gradually adjust itself tighter over the course of several hours of use. Eventually, I'll have to relieve the pressure by opening the bleeder, then squeezing the lever to let some fluid out. This seems to happen more often after hard, downhill use when the brakes get hot. I'm used to doing this every couple of rides or so, always in the middle of the woods, but everytime I do this I obviously lose fluid from the system. I've flushed and bled the system several times without correcting this problem. The front brakes have never done this. Any ideas as to what to do to stop this??

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by EABiker
    My series 1 Grimeca disk on the rear will gradually adjust itself tighter over the course of several hours of use. Eventually, I'll have to relieve the pressure by opening the bleeder, then squeezing the lever to let some fluid out. This seems to happen more often after hard, downhill use when the brakes get hot. I'm used to doing this every couple of rides or so, always in the middle of the woods, but everytime I do this I obviously lose fluid from the system. I've flushed and bled the system several times without correcting this problem. The front brakes have never done this. Any ideas as to what to do to stop this??
    Are they closed system brakes that don't have a reservoir for fluid expansion as the brakes heat up? Most companies are using open systems nowadays. You could try some non-sintered pads (organic/Kevlar) that would conduct less heat, maybe try some different fluid or some new wave rotors that are supposed to run cooler.
    Long Live Long Rides

My little friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    Are they closed system brakes that don't have a reservoir for fluid expansion as the brakes heat up? Most companies are using open systems nowadays. You could try some non-sintered pads (organic/Kevlar) that would conduct less heat, maybe try some different fluid or some new wave rotors that are supposed to run cooler.
    They are the closed system type; hmmm.....I guess I either got to do some mods, or put up with it!
    Thanks!