Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    158

    Got a NSB front 180 adaptor and have a ??

    My new north shore billet 180mm front brake adaptor came in today. Its a post to post and it is for my Avid BB5's.

    It came with one mounting bolt (just like the website said it would). There are no instructions and it seems pretty strait forward except that I can not figure out how to mount it with just the one bolt when there are two mounting holes. At first I thought that maybe one of the calibers bolts did double duty but that does not appear to be it. Searches here, other sites and google have not turned up the answer.

    About the only thing I can come up with is that I bought a $28 adaptor and now have to run to home depot to buy a $4 SS button head bolt to make this all work.

    Am I like missing something really obvious here or is the above the case????

    Thanks

    J-

  2. #2
    rebmem rbtm
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,161
    You need two mounting bolts, depending on which one you already have you might need one that's slightly longer or one that's slightly shorter.

    Avid CPS Hardware Kit for 185mm Rotor - AEBike.com
    Avid CPS Hardware Ti Torx 25 XX for 185 post - AEBike.com

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba View Post
    You need two mounting bolts, depending on which one you already have you might need one that's slightly longer or one that's slightly shorter.

    Avid CPS Hardware Kit for 185mm Rotor - AEBike.com
    Avid CPS Hardware Ti Torx 25 XX for 185 post - AEBike.com
    Opps might not have been clear in my haste to figure this out.

    The Avid CPS bolts that are stock will work to attach the caliper to the adaptor. The bolts I was speaking about are the ones to attach the adaptor to the post mounts on the fork.

    Thanks
    J-

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Joules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,396
    I would contact them. You need 2 of those bolts, clear enough their web site says it only includes one.
    Not including hardware would be one thing, but only including one bolt..

    I'd be asking for some justification, Someone there must not think that is stupid. I'm curious to know.

  5. #5
    rebmem rbtm
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc155 View Post
    Opps might not have been clear in my haste to figure this out.

    The Avid CPS bolts that are stock will work to attach the caliper to the adaptor. The bolts I was speaking about are the ones to attach the adaptor to the post mounts on the fork.

    Thanks
    J-
    OK, I presumed that it was like the usual 180/185mm adapters.
    Looks like the special button head screw that came with it is to make sure there isn't any clearance issues.


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,736
    Cobba hit it. The NSB comes with only one bolt, the button head, for the lower adapter mounting point to prevent clearance issues. The upper bolt can be any standard mounting bolt. From there just use the stock bolts and CPS stack to mount the caliper to the adapter. Nothing longer or shorter required.

    Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Squash View Post
    Cobba hit it. The NSB comes with only one bolt, the button head, for the lower adapter mounting point to prevent clearance issues. The upper bolt can be any standard mounting bolt. From there just use the stock bolts and CPS stack to mount the caliper to the adapter. Nothing longer or shorter required.

    Good Dirt
    copy thanks guys. that's what I figured just wanted to make sure I was not missing something realllllly obvious. lol

    J-

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    158
    got everything mounted up and works great. the nsb adaptor is close to a work of art and the new avid 180mm hsx two piece rotor I put on is very nice.

    thanks
    J-

Similar Threads

  1. Mavic Front Hub Adaptor
    By cale399 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 10:57 PM
  2. The ONE: Front 200mm adaptor?
    By NEstinkyrider in forum Brake Time
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 11:18 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 08:13 AM
  4. looking for for Sram 9.0 front disc adaptor?
    By rideit in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:32 PM
  5. looking for Sram 9.0 front disc adaptor?
    By rideit in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •