mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Goodridge Lines with XTR 975 levers and Saint 800 calipers

Looking into getting a set of Goodridge lines for this set up. Curious which adapters I would need to get this to work? I assume I go with which ever kit is meant for the calipers I am using correct? Will the fittings for the levers be the same or no? Also, where is the best place to get the Goodridge lines/line kits?

Thanks in advance

Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004
    Mtn High Cycles in CO have them. I think Goodridge lines really make a difference, subtle but an improvement just the same. You'll notice a lighter more positive feel at the lever- like the brake fluid has a bigger hose to flow through. They're also easier to mount up being more flexible.

I believe the kits are specific to the brake, comes with the fittings to connect both ends of the lines. Not sure all brakes are supported though?
    [SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]

Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004

http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

[SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]

wyrd bi ful rd
    for your levers ...

20080327 M975 brake levers MTBR FORUM.jpg

the fittings need to go straight in ...

and caliper ...

20071007 shimano brake XT M800 2004 MTBR FORUM.jpg

banjo fittings ...

the banjo fittings as listed below will definitely work. for the levers i am 80% certain that they will work mainly because i know they work on my XT M775 levers and from looking at photographs of the M975 levers, they do look exactly similar to the XTs.

XT 2008 levers & calipers with Goodridge hoses

when i went out to swap my hoses, i was not sure if they will work but managed to source the fittings from CRC where they allow return for a full refund and so i just took the gamble ...

worked out well ...
    Last edited by chinaman; 11-27-2008 at 12:47 PM.

wyrd bi ful rd
    so you will need these for the levers ...

20080324 Goodridge Collar MTBR FORUM.jpg
    Collar

20080324 Goodridge Hose Connector M8 0.75 Male Fixed MTBR FORUM.jpg
    Hose Connector M8 0.75 Male Fixed

wyrd bi ful rd

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman
    so you will need these for the levers ...

20080324 Goodridge Collar MTBR FORUM.jpg
    Collar

20080324 Goodridge Hose Connector M8 0.75 Male Fixed MTBR FORUM.jpg
    Hose Connector M8 0.75 Male Fixed
    On XTR 975 I would need the same fitting on the caliper also, correct?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I think you need the same fitting in lever and caliper. That being the straight one.

It looks like kit 104 should work, but I am not sure and am trying to figure it out myself. Unfortunately they don't seem to have the kit in nifty colors, which I figured personally I might as well get if I am spending an arm and a leg already for brake line. (I simply wanted something that would not kink).

I can't find many places to purchase it either, like 2.

Hope has SS line as well, but it doesn't appear to fit the newer models.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yes, the 104 kit, but one of those fittings is a swivel, which is good to have. Although I am not sure if the swivel will fit under the boot on the lever end. On my bike I can't afford to add any length (assuming the swivel adds length compared to the standard strait fitting) to the rear fitting on the calliper.

Now I think you could switch to a banjo fitting at the rear, the banjo would have to move to the current bleed screw port and you would have to find a 8mm bleed screw to go were the old strait brake line was.

Didn't the 960 xtr use a 8mm bleed screw with a banjo fitting?

qui
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I run XT-Goodridge-M810 Saints excellent combo and chinaman's fittings suggestions are correct, though you dont need the washer, just 4 o-rings 2 for each caliper.

Alternatively get the 107 kit, thats the one I used. As this is designed for old style XT, XTR, LX and All versions of Saints.

Its not the same fitting for calipers and levers as suggested above unless you where running 08/09 XT, XTR, LX or SLX calipers, they are the only straight through calipers shimano make. All Saint calipers are 90 degree fits.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    They were 08 and 09 brakes we at the end were talking about. The fittings are the same as the old LX brakes which are straight.]

Where the heck do youguys get the stuff though?

qui
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    chain reaction cycles, mind, I am based in the UK. Keep in mind though that the fittings cost as much as a kit, so work out more expensive when you add hose, its best to just buy a kit.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The kits that I have been seeing have stainless fittings not aluminium.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=1606

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by senna
    The kits that I have been seeing have stainless fittings not aluminium.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...&category=1606
    Exactly. And they also don't have a variety so you can pick a color you want. (And I know that is lame of me perhaps, but when spending that much I would just as soon have my choice). The fittings and kits are in short supply. The hose I could find.

mtbr member
    Sory for the offtopic, but i have a question.
    Is it posible to fit in this lever (975) the saint caliper (M810)..is there any problem with the servowave mech ?
    Thanks.
    Greek DownHiller
    [SIZE="3"]www.downhill.gr[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    can anyone tells me the pro and cons between the alloy and stainless fittings?

someone tells me the alloy fitting is too weak, the thread could break easily.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=20424

Ultimated Outsider
    Save yourself some headaches and used only the SS fitting, the alloy while pretty are weak.
    If I disagree with you, it's because you are wrong.

Ultimated Outsider
    Quote Originally Posted by NonR
    Sory for the offtopic, but i have a question.
    Is it posible to fit in this lever (975) the saint caliper (M810)..is there any problem with the servowave mech ?
    Thanks.
    There is no selvo wave on the 975 levels, but they should work with the saint caliper but will not have the bite and pad clarence that a selvo wave level will have.
    If I disagree with you, it's because you are wrong.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    sorry, i got the 109 kit by mistake and was planning to fit it to the saint m810 levers.
    if not wrong the only differences in the 108 kit n 109 kit is the Hose Connector M8, 108 kit - 0.75mm n the 109 kit is 1mm...

will it be a problem if i used the 109 kit on the m810s?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Saint use 107 kit.

Think you should ask for exchange with whoever you buy from.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    er, but according to Goodridge's site it states kit 108 for the Saint m810s.
    http://www.goodridge.co.uk/mountain-...lines-kits.php