mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Goodridge brake line upgrade

I've got a set of 2010 Elixir R's. Looking at buying a couple of CR kits from CRC to swap over (in white), yes half for bling and half for performance. Well maybe 75% bling, 25% performance

Anyways, was just wanting to confirm that these kits have everything needed to do the swap, other than that the Avid bleed kit & brake fluid? Also, knowing that there is minimal difference between the Elixir R and CR, I guess there's no issue here (as the kit does actually say "CR"). Also mentions "RR" in the description, no idea what this is. Also M8 Fixed - M6, I assume that this is the thread of the bits & pieces that fit together at the end of the line, is this what I'm after?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Bump!

mtbr member
    Yup. The kit from CRC includes all that's needed. You'll need to order 2 kits to replace both front and rear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I recently upgraded my Hayes Stroker Trail to Goodridge hoses, and it made a noticeable difference. Before my rear brake always felt a little softer than the front, so to compensate I would crank out the reach adjust. Now they're both equal, and they feel stiffer at the end stroke. I would recommend a Goodridge upgrade based on my experience.

Rub it............
    I've been thinking about doing the Goodridge hoses on my Juicy 7's as the stainless steel braiding would be more durable on the trail.