fan of maple syrup

Generic wavey rotors

It seems several manufacturers have this identical rotor shape pattern.

So far I've found Atomlab, Tektro, Alligator (pictured), a2z & a few other un-named companies selling them via eBay.
    Tektro version on CRC
    Atomlab version (also for sale on CRC)
    one of the eBay links

I'm guessing they all come from the same factory, or if this is some kind of 'standard' pattern anyone can use. The outline looks similar to Formula's one piece rotors, but they have more holes.

Anyway, reason for post - has anyone has used a rotor with this pattern? If so, what did you think of it?

Reason I'm asking is that I need to replace some Shimano centerlocks (a 180 and a 160) as I'm moving to a 6-bolt wheel. These wavey's, in whatever form, are all about the right price for me (i.e. cheap), but if anyone can tell by looking if that braking area is rougly similar to Shimano's SM-RT62s (link) that'd be great. I've sent a few emails asking for measurements, but looking at some of the posts in this Brake area, a few people are pretty good at telling just by looking. I'm thinking they'll be OK, but I'd rather get a few more expert opinions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Even though they kind of look the same, the Tektro is different due to the "slant" of the 2 smaller holes in relation to the big holes. My wife's bike came with some similar and with organic pads, they work pretty good. Lots of bite but modulation is lacking. I think the pads had more to do with the feel than the rotors.
    I think they are a "standard" design that most uses.

cougarbait
    get these:

starting at $13 @pricepoint
    09AS-Rsl/09Six