mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Gary Fisher disc brake adaptor problem

Hi

I am trying to install disc brakes on my Gary Fisher Tiburon and having a lot of problems figuring out how to attach the rear caliper. There is space for a caliper on the front fork but the rear seems to have nothing. I tried the Trek disco mount adaptor that i thought would work but it didn't fit. Anyone know how to attach disc brakes to the rear?

Here's some photos:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    That bike has no rear disc brake mount. It was not intended to have a disc brake installed on it. However, there are adaptors from A2Z and Brake Therapy that should enable you to install one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks fixbikeguy.

Is it common for a bike to be able to have disc brakes on the front but not on the back? Seems a bit strange to me.

mtbr member
    It is normal for our entry level bikes not to have a rear disc mount.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by raffmonkey
    Thanks fixbikeguy.

Is it common for a bike to be able to have disc brakes on the front but not on the back? Seems a bit strange to me.
    Most mountain bikes have disc brake tabs in the rear, even most entry level MTB's anymore. However the Tiburon is a Hybrid, basically a cross between an mtb and a road bike. It's not uncommon at all for a Hybrid not to have disc tabs in the rear. The Fisher Tib was never intended to have disc brakes, so no mounts. Even the last model, 2010 I think, didn't have em.
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"