mtbr member

FYI Origin 8/Ashima Airotors at the LBS...

My LBS doesn't typically have much of the more obscure parts, when I wanted a crankset other than a Stylo or Shimano XT unit it had to be ordered for example. So when shopping for new rotors for my Formula RX's I picked up over the weekend I called just to see what they could get, figuring I'd have to order online, and was pleasantly surprised when he called back with the news on Origin 8 rotors. The LBS tech said they were branded Ashima Airotors in Origin 8 packaging, I believe they call them the torq-lite. Most all of your shops can get Origin 8 stuff through their regional warehouse in a day or two and the price after my modest discount was lower than I could buy Ashimas for online, cheaper than on fleabay even. Plus, if I have a problem buying from the LBS insures customer service will be good.

Cliff notes, very reasonably priced and widely available Origin 8 lightweight rotors are Ashima Airotors, pick them up at your LBS.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    sounds good. let us know how the origin 8's work out. I've been curious.

mtbr member
    I picked up the rotors yesterday and they are indeed 112 gram Aishima Airotors, they don't even have Origin8 logos on the rotors, they are just put into Origin8 packaging. I needed some adaptors so we checked those out also and the Origin8 front adaptor is the superlight Ashima adaptor in an Origin8 box.
    I need to get a rear 180 IS adaptor now as they didn't have any of them listed.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

mtbr member
    That's funny. I would imagine they would work fine as the Ashima's are supposed to be pretty good rotors.