mtbr member

New question here. front brake opinions

Im looking at upgrading my front brakes but am not sure what I should get.

I ride an AnthemII which currently has Juicy 3s with 160s front and rear. I have been reading the forum for a few weeks and have read enough to have some questions.
    Bike, gear and I come in just under 200lbs. Terrain is cross country and downhill, but not extreme downhill stuff. And some on road use.

Can I get an adapter and a 185 rotor for the rear and use my current Juicy 3 caliper?

After looking at pricepoint, I like the 2008 Avid Codes(being as they are on sale for cheap). I looked at the Ultimates, but they are too expensive. And am not sure that any other brake in the Juicy line up is going to be enough of an improvement to be worth it. The 7s aren't bad, but the Codes can be had for only a tiny but more. And I kinda like the 4piston brake, its not a deciding factor but its neat.

If you guys (or gals?) can point me in the right direction, Id really appreciate it.
    Ive had the bike for about a year, and the last bike I purchased was over 10 years before that, so this is all new to me.

xx = xtrČ
    I just bought avid elixir brakes and i must say that they are superior to my friends juicy 3 by quite a long way. I think they are a bit too powerfull for me, even with 160mm rotors, they can send my flying over the bars at almost any speed with 1 finger. I weigh 160 pounds with all my equipement. If i were you i would be looking into these, the R version isn't very expensive and would improve your power a lot.

You could also buy a new rotor and adapter but it would be less fun