mtbr member
    Feb 2007

FrankenBrake "It Lives" El Camino Stroker Hybrid

My bike came with the Dreaded El Camino's. Yes I experienced the pump up of the brakes, the constant adjusting of the lever during the ride. I won a set of Stroker Rydes, couldn't be worse I thought, in fact they are great in comparison. On the weekend I pulled my Goodridge line off the rear EL C and install it on the rear Ryde. Then a light bulb came on, what if? I mounted the front line with the Ryde master cylinder with the EL C caliper. I'm sure Hayes never thought the problem with the EL C was the master cylinder. All the problems are gone. Got to say, never had trouble installing pads in the EL C, just used a large flat screwdriver and carefully inserted between the old pads and pried the pistons back. Shows to go you, reverse thinking, opens a whole new door.

ride hard take risks
    Very nice post some pics Doc.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Photos

I still can't get over the fact the reservoir of the El Cam was the problem. The Stroker has far more range, true on finger action to accurately control speed of the bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    2007 XAM 2.0, nice bike

I've got the 1.0 of it

The Beast Breathes
    Pretty sweet. Knowing that the El Caminos sucked, how is this setup working for you?
    Good luck with that, mister 300-Mile Turn Radius.