Thread: Frankenbrake?

Bike to the Bone...

Frankenbrake?

Well, I don' know how this will work, but yesterday I moved my Louises to my hardtail.

My HT had some BB7 with 7 inch rotor front, 6" rear. The rotors were, I think, the ones with the holes in them, not the cleansweep.

I removed the hardware of the calipers (adapter and the cps thing), and used to install the magura calipers. It did work, and setting up the calipers was a breeze.

I couldn't remove the rotors from the wheel because one of the bolts was stripped and I could not get the torx wrench to move it. So I'm keeping those rotors and see how it work.

mtbr member
    So this means you are using Louises with Avid Roundagon rotors. The bike will stop OK, but the Roundagon rotors are well known for not being that popular or good. Better if you can switch the rotors too. Try getting a really small sharp chisel and a small hammer and tapping onto that stripped bolt anti-clockwise, should come out fairly easily.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by lew242
    So this means you are using Louises with Avid Roundagon rotors. The bike will stop OK, but the Roundagon rotors are well known for not being that popular or good. Better if you can switch the rotors too. Try getting a really small sharp chisel and a small hammer and tapping onto that stripped bolt anti-clockwise, should come out fairly easily.
    Thanks, I'll try that.