Huckin' trails

Frame brake studs thread specs ?

Hi, I need to DIY a housing guide that'll be bolted into the frame rear brake stud. It's because I switched from v-brakes to BB7 and there isn't any housing guide for proper rear housing routing (running full housing), and I remember seeing one guy here who made a housing guide that replaced the non-drive side rear brake stud and it was a very clean solution to getto tie-wrap or flimsy other plastic/stick-on guides.

However, I couldn't find the brake stud thread dimension, my tap kit only has M9x1.25, M10x1, M10x1.5, M12x1.75, etc, but looks like it's bigger than M10 and loose into the M12, making me think it'll be some M11x? or SAE size.

However I should be able to get the right bolts at a local specialized hardware store, and machine something out of a bolt since I don't have the right tap to thread my own part. Other wise I'll simply take one of the brake stud and drill it, then cut it short and it's done, but I'd rather keep them as is, in case I need to put them back for whatever reason.

Thanks if you have any info or idea
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Frame brake studs thread specs ?

Take the stud to the hardware store with you. Or buy replacement studs online and machine one for your cable guide. Post up your creation - sounds interesting.
    M