Proud Thunderchicken ownr

Bonking ... not feelin' well Fox F100 180mm questions ...

So my fork was out getting serviced and I decided to upsize my front rotor to 180mm. I asked a LBS what type my fork would be, post or IS and he told me post.
    I ordered an SM-MA-F180P/P (180mm POST / POST) adapter from Chain Reaction at a ridiculously low price compared to local. Now I've got my bike back and I'm looking at an IS mount fork.
    Can I use my existing IS / POST 160mm adapter in conjunction with my new POST / POST 180mm? Will that have too much movement or not even fit at all?

What I currently have ...

What I bought ...

What I should have bought ???

Secondly, and probably more importantly ... are my forks capable of a larger rotor? They are stock from an '04 Jamis Dakar XCR.

mtbr member
    It should work, there's even less safe PM-PM adaptors available on ebay for 180mm - just thick washers really. But just curious - did you expect them to change your lowers?

I didn't expect anything to be changed, I just didn't know what was stock on the fork so I asked somebody who should have known. It was just on a whim that I decided to go to 7"
    I'm paying for my ignorance .. maybe twice.

I think I need to Upgrade
    You can't combine the adapters to get to your goal unfortunately. Maybe try taking the adapter down to your LBS and ask them if they can swap it to the correct adapter for you? Where did you get the new adapter?

Got the new one from ChainReactionCycles.com
    It would cost more to send it back than I paid for it.
    My upgrade will just have to wait until I can find something else to order.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a question: Did the Shimano adapter you bought come with the bolts, too? Most online places only show the adapter, but no bolts in the description or picture. Thanks!
    Wanted: Ritchey P-20,21,22,23 in Team colors, 18-inch, '92-99, Ritchey Logic fork (threadless); NEW Rock Shox Judy Decal Sets

Yes, bolts included. It came in proper packaging too. Do you want to buy it?